Wednesday, November 4, 2009

You wannna put that thing WHERE?!


Baby Vavruska


10 weeks and 5 days old

Top Left = Baby from toes to head

Top Right= Baby's head and arms (can't see fingers yet)

Bottom Left= Baby Bum and legs (doing a froggy kick)

Bottom Right= profile view ( head is on the right)






Today I got an added bonus…a sonogram. I wasn't expecting this but the Nurse Practitioner couldn't pick up the baby's heartbeat with the doppler machine during my appointment. She was concerned and recommended that I have a sonogram. Obviously I was very nervous by this, but since I hadn't experienced any weird symptoms I stayed positive and hoped for the best. All I knew was I wasn't going to leave that hospital without hearing and seeing the baby. They sent me over to the hospital and the tech was not able to see the baby with the traditional sonogram equipment. She left the room for what seemed an eternity and returned to share that I was approved for a vaginal sonogram. Thank God for that!! I was able to hear baby Vav's heartbeat…a strong 170 and see these wonderful pictures. I couldn't believe something so scary turned out to be the best thing ever. The only thing that would have made it better was if Kraig were there. I feel bad, because had the Nurse Practitioner not had been able to hear the heartbeat. I would have never had a sonogram today. I feel Blessed to be able to see our baby so soon, but I know Kraig wanted to be there for the first one. I know he will be there next time, and that is fine because I'm so proud and happy for how well he is doing with his new responsibilities as Chief.


Other than that, I feel great! Eating well, sleeping well…and yes I'm still running. Not like before, but a nice moderate 3miler 5 days a week. Baby Vav likes it, because they were very active on the sonogram. Moving their arms and legs for mommy to see. I hope we have a little athlete on our hands =) !

Next appointment is December 2, 2009! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment