Friday, November 20, 2009

Pecans Roasting in a Toaster Oven

For the last week Kraig's Food Baby has been craving roasted pecans like our friend Pat makes.  I haven't had these in forever, and not being one to deny my sweetie's cravings I got on it! =)
Pecan's are a great thing for expectant mothers to eat.  According to the Georgia Pecan Comission...

"In fact, women getting the least amount of vitamin E during their pregnancies were five times more likely to have children with asthma symptoms by the age of 5 and three times more likely to have children who experienced wheezing, compared to women who got the most vitamin E.



Unlike vitamin supplements, which contain a form of vitamin E known as alpha-tocopherol, pecans and other nuts are rich in gamma-tocopherol, a powerful antioxidant.

One ounce of Georgia pecans provides almost 7 milligrams of gamma-tocopherol, making them a top source of vitamin E in the diet.

The recommended intake of vitamin E is about 20 milligrams a day.

The researchers suggest that vitamin E may help reduce asthma by having a positive effect on the developing immune system of the fetus."

I usually keep dry roasted, or raw mixed nuts in the car just in case I need a quick snack.  Now I hope my Baby Baby will be able to wrestle these goodies away from Kraig's Food Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment