Kraig and I are pleased to announce that we are expecting our first child due May 31, 2010! We are so excited, and can't believe how everything is falling into place. The only thing that would make it better is if our friends and family were here in Texas to share it with us.
Texas has been good to us so far. We love the home we are renting, and Trigger and Addy enjoy the large yard...a huge upgrade from their Florida digs. I am currently a substitute teacher in Terrell Independent School District and Kaufman Independent School District, and in hind sight, very glad that I did not get hired to teach this year. There was a bigger plan in store for the Vavruskas...that we found out about on September 20, 2009.
Kraig was selected and initiated as a United States Navy Chief on September 16, 2009. A huge accomplishment in his Naval career. Upon returning from his initiation I was thrilled to share the news of our pregnancy with him.
The day after he returned I just had a feeling. A lot of people say that, and I totally agree. I just knew it. I woke up as he deservedly slept in. Bleary eyed I did the test, and to my surprise it was POSITIVE!!! Not being one to keep quiet about anything I ran back into the room and shared the big news with Kraig. Kraig is not a morning person, especially after waking up at 3:30am the last 6weeeks, but he shot out of bed with so much joy and pride.
We took another test together, and sure enough POSITIVE! We couldn't believe it, we were standing in our bathroom forever changed and excited by our results.
That morning we went to IHOP and basked in the glow of our news...followed by a trip to our only store...Wal-Mart to buy classic...What to Expect When Your Expecting. The remainder of the day was spent reeling in disbelief, and reading WAYYYYYYYYY to ahead in that book.
At this point everything began to make sense again. Not having a job, Kraig becoming a Chief, quitting smoking Aug 3, 2008, and maintaining a fitness and healthy living plan have all prepared us for becoming parents.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment