Today is a COLD, WINDY, and WET day. Parts of North East Texas even saw snow! That's something this Florida girl is not used to. Needless to say, I think being pregnant during the winter and spring is probably the way to do it. It's much more fun bundling up in fleece, sweat pants, hoodies, and furry boots than sweating my butt off - Wait a minute, sweating my butt off might not be so bad as I watch the scale head in a direction I've never been a fan of. =) Which leads me to Thanksgiving…
We had a great Thanksgiving! Our close friend and "adopted son" Brian aka Raf spent the day with us, and helped supervise the Turkey frying along with Kraig…with a little liquid courage of course. None for mommy this year, but it's well worth it. =)
Many of us have fried a turkey or had them for Thanksgiving, and I must confess this was our first time doing it ourselves and it was HEAVENLY! So easy to cook, and it just melted in our mouths. Our good friends Chad and Sherri Boyd were the first to cook them for us, and we are now hooked! Of course we had all the traditional trimmings, and as usual I tasted too much as I cooked. My appetite was pretty nonexistent come dinner time. Not one to be a quitter, I made sure I claimed Baby V's share and Food Baby and Baby Baby were quite pleased. =)
Appointment with Dr. Angie aka Elvis Doctor was routine…Thank GOD! After the last few tense ones I was ready for a quick trip in and out. They were able to pick up Baby V's heartbeat with the doppler and it was the sweetest sound ever! 150bpm, and my eye makeup turned me into a raccoon or an Alice Cooper wanna be. =) Elvis told me I was doing great with my weight, blood pressure, etc. I did have to remind them that Thanksgiving was last week, and any transgressions regarding weight must be forgiven. I mean, come on! I can't let homemade apple pie go to waste, and you know my Grandma Doleman taught me how to make it right with lard and butter =) HEAVENLY!!!
Much to my surprise I had only gained 2lbs since last month and that is just fine by me. I'm beginning to hate those stupid books and weight calculators by now. To heck with'em! As long as I can still wear my jeans, and I'm exercising I'm doing great. Whoever said you only need to gain a couple pounds in the first trimester obviously doesn't know how to cook =) …(just kidding, I'm just incredibly Blessed to have not been sick at all…and have an insatiable appetite for burgers)
Sweaty Miss Yetti ! Ugh, but that's the Naked Belly after a run =)

By the old wives' tales, I think it's a boy! ;)
ReplyDeleteMichelle, you are in the majority when it comes to the predicting. Most of the family is voting for a girl, but Kraig is pulling for a boy. I guess we will find out when lil' Baby V pops out.
ReplyDeleteAre you not finding out the sex? You're stronger than me! I suppose if we ever have a girl and then have another kid, I'd make the last a surprise.
ReplyDelete