Monday, December 14, 2009

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me… unless you think fast on your feet, and no one finds out =)

December 14, 2009


15 weeks 2 days                                                         

16 weeks today! Dec 14, 2009

Christmas Par-Tay!

Baby V's first Navy Christmas Party was a success. It was at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, and mommy and daddy enjoyed themselves. I was surprised that I still had my spunky little self full of energy and even had fun kicking my heals up and showing off my baby bump on the dance floor. It was fun watching Kraig laugh and joke with his friends while I danced the night away fueled by water and lemon.



When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me… unless you think fast on your feet, and no one finds out =)

Once a week, I peruse the job openings on the local independent school district websites. Usually I just find bus driver or crossing guard. Last week I saw "Part time finger printing clerk" I read the particulars and thought "hey, this could be alright!" So, as usual, I resubmit my app and cover letter and call it good. What's the worst that could happen, right? Well, Friday after the Christmas party we got a phone call asking when I would be available for an interview on Monday. Sweet, this could be it! Pretty happy I agreed to Monday at 9:30 and began mentally preparing for what types of questions they may ask, and how I would address the baby baby…not the food baby from a weekend of over indulging. =)

The weekend came and went, along came Monday bright and early. I did my run, showered, and ate my breakfast. I collected my errands I needed to run, and headed off to Forney. As I pulled into the parking spot and walked up to the building I paused to reflect. This was my fourth time coming here for one thing or another. Would this time be different? I just got comfortable with not having a job, would today be the day I get one?

I took a deep breath and walked in. The receptionist greeted me with a huge smile, and oddly enough both our names are Pam, and our husbands are from South Dakota…DING!!! Is this a sign?! We chatted until I was called into my interview, I was greeted by the human resources manager and taken into a cozy office. As I entered I noticed someone else at the table…hmmm "Why do you need two people to interview candidates for a 9 hour a week, part time, finger printing job?" I sat my naïve self down at the table and waited for the interview to begin. They led off with questions about my experience with children. I thought, okay maybe since this is a school district, they want to make sure all their employees have a rapport with children and young people. So I answered the question. Then they asked about my teaching experience. I thought, well I guess they read my resume, and were curious to hear about my work experience. Again, what does this have to do with fingerprinting?!

My red flags went into overdrive when the HR manager apologized for not mentioning that the other person at the table was a principal from one of the elementary schools…WHAT?! My mind quickly changed gears, this is a teacher interview! When I was contacted on Friday, there was no mention of this. I ASSUMED it was an interview for the finger printing job since it was the last one I applied for on the web site. OMG!!! Then they revealed it was for a pre-k teaching position that would be starting at the end of January. We continued the interview, we were laughing, and enjoying ourselves. Before I knew it, 45 minutes had passed and I was on my way.

I still haven't quite processed what happened, but man! If I get that job, it would be great, but now I have a whole other set of things to think about…stay tuned!

Now off for some delicious pulled pork tenderloin and cheese enchiladas...... Ricotta Cheese is the key!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Bait and switch! I hope you get the answer you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is crazy isn't it Michelle!? The right answer will reveal itself when it's time. For me, I'm not even going to think about it.

    ReplyDelete